Personal Injury

After a Car Accident, How Do I Pay the Doctor’s Bills?

How can you pay your doctor's bills after you get involved in a car accident? Find out with Aigen Law Firm.
After a Car Accident, How Do I Pay the Doctor’s Bills?

If you are injured in a car accident, the last thing you should have to worry about is how you are going to pay your hospital bills. Unfortunately, medical bills can start piling up quickly and you may wonder what options you have if your insurance will not cover all of your medical expenses.

Below are several options outlining what to do if you have been injured in a car accident and you are unsure how to pay for your medical expenses.

PIP Insurance

In the state of Florida, all drivers are required to have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. PIP insurance is designed to help drivers and their passengers in the event of an accident by paying a portion of your medical bills or lost wages, regardless of who was at fault in the accident. However, these plans cover only up to $10,000 and only cover expenses if you receive medical treatment within 14 days of the accident. 

Health Insurance Can Help 

Another way accident victims can pay for their hospital bills is through their personal health insurance. Most health insurance will pay at least a portion of your medical bills in the event of an automobile accident, depending on your insurance plan. 

What to Do if You Don’t Have Health Insurance and PIP Doesn’t Cover Your Medical Bills

If you have been injured in an automobile accident and do not have health insurance, contact a personal injury attorney. Your attorney can help you pursue compensation for your losses and may be able to negotiate a settlement of your bills, working to maximize the value of your case.


You also may be able to file a claim against the at-fault driver to recover for your damages from the accident, including medical bills and lost wages.  If you were injured due to the negligence of another party, you may also be able to recover compensation for bodily injury, pain and suffering, disability and physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish (such as anxiety and depression), loss of wages and lost enjoyment of life. 


Call a Miami Car Accident Attorney Today

If you have been injured in an automobile accident, Aigen Law Firm can help. We will assess the details of your accident and do everything we can to ensure you receive the maximum amount of recovery for your losses, including payment of your medical expenses.


There is no up front cost to you to contact Aigen Law for a case review. You should be able to recover from your accident without the added financial stress of unpaid medical bills. Call our office today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you. 

Continue Reading

Can I Sue My Employer If I Get Injured at Work in Miami?

Each year, thousands of Floridians get injured on the job. Perhaps more disturbingly, many of them don't [...]

Can I Sue If I Get Injured on Someone Else’s Property in Miami?

While accidents happen, if you suffered a severe injury due to poor maintenance or improper construction, [...]

Schedule Your Free Consultation Today

No Fee Unless We Recover Money

Connect with Aigen Law Firm today for a free case review. Our experts will work with you every step of the way to meet your needs, win your case, and recover the best possible compensation for your losses and injuries.

Or call us now at (305) 533-1600